There is three ways to update or flash a firmware:
- Automatic reboot method.
- Manual method.
- Rescue method.
Firmware update example (automatic)
Bootloader + firmware update example
- Download the appropriate bootloader (ie CC3D - BL4 or Revo - BL6) and save it to your hard drive where you can find it again,
- Go to the Firmware workspace in GCS, and with the board disconnected from USB, click Rescue and follow the onscreen instruction to connect the board,
- After the board contents is detected, click Open and select the BootloaderUpdater (BU) file from where you saved it on your hard drive,
- The flash button is now enabled : Click Flash to flash it to your board,
- After the flashing is complete, press Boot and wait until the blue LED is on, then flashes, and finally goes off (normally ±15 seconds).
- Wait 10 seconds more.
- Disconnect the board from USB.
- Click Upgrade & Erase button and follow the onscreen instruction to connect the board to automatically install firmware and erase flash.
- After the process completion, board become connected to GCS.