The rescue method can be used to flash a bootloader (bu_[BOARD].opfw) file or firmware fw_[BOARD].opfw file.
For normal firmware update, the preferred method is the Automatic or Manual update described in this page: Firmware Tab
Click arrows left / right and follow instructions
Step by step
- Disconnect all power to the board. The board should not be supplied by any other power supply (no LiPo!) The board will not enter bootloader mode being powered from another source.
- Rescue button in the top button area.Click the
- You will be instructed to connect your Flight Controller board.
The Uploader Gadget will detect your connected board and show the bootloader and firmware versions.
Open" buttonYou can now load the desired bootloader or firmware file using the "
Flash will update the firmware on your board. A progress indicator shows the actual status of the firmware upgrade and identifies if the upload has been successful.Pressing the button
Boot in the buttons area to start the program on the boardOnce the firmware has been upgraded, one has to click
About firmware files
Firmware/Bootloader files have the file extension ".opfw" and are named typically.
- Firmware files start with the letters fw_ followed by the board name.
- Bootloader files start with the letters bu_ followed by the board name.
The information area displays additional information about the loaded firmware.